What are the benefits of attending a PECS Level 1 Training versus solely reading the PECS Training Manual?
The PECS Training Manual, 2nd Edition provides the theory behind the Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS), and the steps for teaching the PECS protocol. The PECS Level 1 Training also provides the theory and the steps for teaching PECS, but there are great benefits to attending the training which include:
- Hearing real-life stories and examples related to PECS implementation
- Seeing PECS in action via videos
- Seeing hands-on activities and lessons used for implementing PECS
- Participating in group activities and discussions
- Practicing and role-playing the phases of PECS with feedback from the presenter
- Hearing about the most up-to-date implementation solutions
- Hearing about the current research
When people leave the PECS Level 1 Training, they have the skills needed to begin PECS with their students/children or learners. The PECS Training Manual, 2nd Edition is a great supplemental resource, guide and reference tool when implementing the PECS protocol after attending a PECS Training.
Further information on how to register for a PECS Training workshop can be found here.
I've never been trained to implement PECS. Which workshop should I attend?
If you are interested in learning how to implement the Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS), PECS Level 1 Training is the one for you. It is a solid two days packed with interesting information presented in a dynamic manner. This workshop covers the following:
- The key Pyramid components to designing effective educational environments
- Strategies to create an abundance of opportunities for communication
- The relationship between PECS and traditional communication training approaches
- How to implement all six phases of PECS with target individuals using a behavior analytic orientation
- The criteria for transitioning from PECS to other communication modalities
You will leave the training with all of the information you need to begin implementing the PECS protocol with your learners.
I've completed PECS Level 1 Training. I want to learn more about PECS. What should I attend next?
If you have already attended the PECS Level 1 Training, have been using PECS for at least three months and want to learn more about PECS and/or how to expand PECS throughout the day, then the PECS Level 2 Training is the perfect option. The PECS Level 2 Training focuses on the following:
- A review of each of the six phases of the PECS protocol
- Practice and role-play PECS phases
- Problem solve specific solutions for your learner
- Identify strategies for implementing communicative opportunities within a variety of activities throughout the day
- Discuss advanced language concepts such as adjectives, prepositions, verbs
- Identify a variety of commenting lessons
This training combines lecture, group discussion and group activities as well role-play with direct feedback from the presenter. You will leave this training with a wealth of new ideas to create communication opportunities!
Registration and Cancellation
How do I register for a workshop?
You can register anytime online, or via email, fax, phone or postal mail. Onsite registration is also available the morning of the workshop. It is recommended to register at least 10 days prior to the workshop start date(s), especially if you would like to order products and have them delivered to the training.
What is the cancellation policy?
Pyramid Hosted Workshop Cancellation Policy:
All cancellations must be received 21 days prior to workshop start date to receive a full refund. Cancellations received within 21 days of the start date of the workshop are eligible to receive a credit voucher, which may be applied toward a future Pyramid Hosted Workshop. Cancellations received on or after day 1 of the workshop are not eligible for a refund or credit voucher.
How can I contact Pyramid with questions?
If you have a specific PECS/Pyramid question, please contact us here. You can also email us directly at email@example.com. We will answer your question within 3 business days. If you have specific questions regarding hosting/attending a workshop or would like more information about consultation, please feel free to contact us directly at +44 (0)1273 609555.
What is your physical address?
The address for Pyramid Educational Consultants in the United Kingdom is as follows:
Pyramid Educational Consultants UK Ltd
Ground Floor, Lion Building • Crowhurst Road
Brighton, BN1 8AF • United Kingdom